Friday 1 February 2013

Remember what the dormouse said "Feed your head"





Yesterday was a very exciting day for me because after waiting over three weeks my Alice In Wonderland tights finally arrived! These are one of my many eBay bargains and as an Alice fan how could I resist? They were shipped from Hong Kong, hence the long delivery wait,  and I am so pleased with the product. The one problem I found is that as I'm 5'8 the tights are a little too short but I just about managed to get them up my legs! Anyone taller then me I'm afraid I feel your pain with buying tights and having to buy large or extra large! As a result if you see these advertised anywhere as 'one size', as mine were, and you're over 5'8 you probably won't be able to get them all the way up your legs which is a shame. ): 

I spent a while deciding what to wear with these beauties and settled on a vintage monochrome look to complement the tights without overpowering them. I did wear heeled ankle boots while taking the pictures but I can't walk in heels very long with my condition so I switched to flats when I went to the supermarket in the evening. I also stole another opportunity to wear my wig as I won't be able to wear it for a few weeks while I'm in Northern Ireland (I'm a little worried about it going out of shape or something in the suitcase cos of how full it usually is). Make up wise I went with grey smokey eyes (boots 17 collection) and a muted lipstick (boots natural collection) for a gothic feel to the ensemble. I loved how this worked with the wig and the outfit as a whole as it was striking without being overpowering. I adore this look so much and I wish I was able to go out more to show it off! 



Not alot else has happened the past few days. I went to the doctors today to discuss my asthma and he was wonderful and reassuring and I'm glad I have him on my side with all my medical problems at the moment. I start my CBT next week via telephone so going to really tackle the anxiety problems I have currently. I'm meant to be sewing at the moment as I have some projects to finish but I've been so tired this week I have hardly the energy to read half the time! ): 

Books I have read this past week: 
Patricia Cornwell - The Body Farm (4/5)
Patricia Cornwell - Potters Field (4/5)
Patricia Cornwell - Cause of Death (3/5)
Erin Morgenstern - Night Circus (5/5)

Currently reading: 
John Harding - Florence and Giles

If anyone would like to see other ratings I've given books or what kinds of books I read then please add me on Goodreads. My name is Amy Maries on there as it's linked with my facebook. I'd love to see what other people read so it'll be great to have some more friends. :)


I'm going to Taunton tomorrow with my Mum to get a new supply of henna hair dye from Lush (I use caca rouge) and probably pop into some of the shops there. I would have got some Tuesday from Bath with my physio but my asthma was still bad so I had to cancel. My lungs are improving again though so fingers crossed I have no more trips to a&e! 




Outfit Details.
Lace blouse - made by my Mum, PU skirt - river island, alice tights - ebay, lace up heeled ankle boots - forever 21, wig - ebay and owl pocket watch necklace - gift.

0 comments:

Post a Comment