So the biggest news is that I have officially moved to Northern Ireland! I have a part time job working for Her Majesty's Passport Office and I'm settling in well. Jonathan and I are enjoying living together and spending much more time with eachother. We're enjoying having a tasty home cooked vegan dinner together in the evenings and cuddling up with the duvet on the sofa and a film.
Here's some posts from my instagram over the last few weeks..
- We constructed our first Ikea bed! Jonathan was obviously pretty happy about this...
- The new member of the family! Meet Reginald, known as Reggie to his friends. He's a little albino gerbil I felt sorry for after all his brothers were sold in my local pets at home. This little guy was on his own for months but thanks to a friend who works there who had an old gerbilarium cage she was able to give me the little furry face has a new home! I'll be bringing my two girls, Florence and Clio, over in two weeks, though they'll be in separate cages as I'm not prepared for baby gerbils! I can't wait to have our little family all together including Jonathan's two bearded dragons Moz and Marr.
- Jonathan turned 24 last month so we decided to spend the day at one of the local National Trust properties, Castle Ward. It's a stunning location and it was such a beautiful afternoon that we tromped around the grounds and left the actual house for another time (there's a big secondhand book and record event in the autumn we're interested in).
- I've been training for my first 5km which is this Sunday!! The event is Race for Life and raises money for Cancer Research UK, if anyone wants to sponsor me please go to my justgiving page. Thankyou! :) Jonathan and I are hoping to find a 10km event in the autumn and are aiming to run the Bath half marathon next year, fingers crossed!
- We had some gorgeous weather recently so here's Jonathan at Victoria Squares viewing platform in Belfast.
- Leaving for work face.
- Lorde inspired make up.
- At the end of March I went to Birmingham to see Interpol with my good friend, Davy. It was a fun night with a tasty meal at Las Igaunas followed by a band I've wanted to see since I was 14!
- Jonathan's been so supportive recently with all the changes in my life, I'd be lost without him. He's a very special dinosaur!
- One of Jonathan's birthday presents from me... a HUGE canvas map of Middle Earth. I wanted it to go above the fireplace but it seems I may have ordered a tad too big! Still it's a great piece for our living room.
- I went to my first Magic the Gathering prerelease event for the new set, Journey Into Nyx. I chose white as my main deck is a green/white midgame deck. I ended up doing really well coming 7th out of 24 and even beating Jonathan! I've met some really ace people down at the club where we play and Friday Night Magic is part of our weekly social life.
Phew! We're heading back to England this weekend for my 5km, dental surgery (boo!) and my 24th birthday so I'll probably still be a little absent until we're back. I have lots of things planned. I hope you're all having a wonderful Spring and thankyou for your patience.