Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas Wishes

I want to wish all my followers and any readers alike a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I will be spending the rest of Christmas with family before heading over to Northern Ireland for a few weeks to be with my Jonathan. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family and friends, I think that's probably what I'm most thankful for this year. (I'll do a full review on 2013 and my hopes and goals for 2014 when I come back mid-Jan)

We have my younger sister and my 2 year old niece staying with us this Christmas and already I've been touched with the magic that is Christmas through a child's eyes. I cannot wait to see her expression tomorrow morning!

I've been busy this Christmas Eve as well! I spent all afternoon and evening slaving away in the kitchen. I've not been well the last few weeks and I really wasn't feeling festive but that time baking goodies and trying some new things out really set the mood for me. I've managed to steam my Christmas pudding, make some fresh cranberry sauce, prepare my veggie pie for dinner tomorrow, make my first attempt at nut brittle (burnt the sugar a bit so its a little smokey but I kind of like it!) as well as baking my yearly tradition of shortbread and mince pies. All food being vegan, as this is my first vegan Christmas! I was vegetarian last year before I went fully vegan on the first of Jan 2013. All I have left for me to do tomorrow is put the pie in to bake, steam the pudding for two more hours and whip up some vegan yorkshire puddings! Yummy!

I really hope you have a wonderful time and you get to spend some down time with loved ones, especially those who are having hard times at the moment for whatever reason. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment